Saturday, November 5, 2011

October activites


Another month has come and gone.  Here are some pictures of what kept me busy in October.


The first full weekend of October was my church retreat at Camp Friedenswald.  I took most of my pictures while I was on a nature hike.  Here is Main Trail on a beautiful fall day.

On the Sunday morning of church retreat I received a phone call from my boss informing me that a GC co-worker, Professor of Biology Jim Miller had been killed during a home invasion.  There was a prayer service that Sunday evening and a service of remembrance the next day.  Even after several weeks have passed, it all seems a little surreal that this has actually happened to someone I know. There have been no suspects identified by the police and a lot of questions and concern remain.  It was very meaningful to hear the many expressions of prayer and support of the college community by many people. 

Emily was my first trick-or-treater of the season, and by far the cutest. 

Emily hanging out on the floor in her ladybug costume. 

Wilderness Wind has a celebration dinner for their 25th anniversary, along with a silent auction to raise money.  Here is Kathy Landis, executive director, taking about WW history, with Marshall King, outgoing board member, in the background. 

The semi-annual fish fry at Bethany was help the last Friday of October. For health reason,  I probably should only eat this kind of meal about twice a year!  But it's awful good!  And the blueberry pie was extra good this year. 

No comments: