Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First pictures from Nicaragua

For my blog readers who aren't on Facebook, here are a few pictures from Nicaragua.

I have been in Nicaragua for a week now and am getting settled into a routine.  This usually means walking into Jinotepe in the morning to run errands, then back in time for lunch, made by Connie, our housekeeper.  (I think I could get used to someone cooking and cleaning for me!).  Then we are usually around in the afternoon waiting for the internet people to show up so we can get wireless internet in our house.  We are still waiting for that.  We were able to get temporary internet access through USB drives from Claro, the telephone company, but it is more expensive and slower than wireless.  But it has allowed me to catch up on email, get files I need to do my work here, and be connected with what is going on outside my little world here.

Aqui es algunos fotos (Here are some photos).  Sorry they are a little out of order. 

The back yard of my Nicaragua house. 
My first breakfast in Nicaragua:  gallo pinto (beans and rice), tortillas, eggs, cheese
Front door of the house
 The porch.  Very nice on a hot day! 
 Flowers on a wall near my house

The porch is one of my favorite places to work! 
A mototaxi - which Keri & I took to Diriamba, a neighboring town. 
Downtown Jinotepe

No comments: