I am literally waiting for the call to leave for a ten day trip to Kansas. I am going to work for a week with Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) in Greensburg, KS, a town basically destroyed by a tornado in May. I am going with two friends, Penny and Cheryl, but Cheryl called this morning to say she was sick and may not be able to go with us. We have decided to wait until tomorrow morning to leave in hopes that Cheryl will feel better and be able to join us.
On the weekends we will be spending most of our time in Wichita with Tom & Lois Harder and their three girls. I worked with Tom and Lois nearly ten years ago at Camp Friedenswald (that makes me feel old!) and we have stayed in touch. They are pastors at Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church so we will worship with them, and go to various concerts and other activities with them.
I will have limited computer access but will try to post a time or two while I am gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment