Monday, January 21, 2008

Routine

Things have been very routine the last several weeks so I haven't had much to blog about. I have gone to several GC Men's basketball games (win a few, lose a few), had some meals with friends, and spent some time at home cleaning, reading, organizing and other general housework. There always seems to be something to do.

We have had a few days of very cold weather - windchills at -10 degrees and below and highs in the single digits. It was supposed to get up to 20 today - don't know if it made it or not. At least it was sunny. We are supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow tonight.

Today Goshen College celebrated Martin Luther King Jr day by canceling classes and having some special presentations. I sat in on one of them but then went back to work - administrators and staff didn't get the day off!

The excitement at my house is that we are able to get high speed internet!!! Denise and I have been using a dial-up connection provided by the college, but it can be very slow sometimes. We had a local internet provider out to the house last week to see if we could get high speed, wireless internet. I was a little pessimistic because we were told the nearest transmitter was on a feed mill several miles away. Well, come to find out that our neighbor just 1/8 mile down the road has a transmitter on his house! It will be no problem for us to have high speed and wireless. They come and install on Wednesday!!!

This coming weekend I am helping out at a GC Performing Arts Series concert (The Smothers Brothers). On Sunday evening I am going to Mom's and Dad's house for a meal before they leave for Florida on the 31st.

That's all for now! Hope all are staying warm wherever you are!

No comments: