Monday, January 28, 2008

Ten Thousand Villages

Well, it is my fourth Monday post in a row. It must mean that I have boring weeks and finally do something exciting on the weekends that I can blog about.

Anyway, on Saturday morning, Denise and I went to downtown Goshen to volunteer with Ten Thousand Villages for several hours. The Goshen TTV store is moving to downtown Goshen in mid-March from The Depot, a building that has several other MCC and Mennonite offices/stores in it, but does not provide the best visibility or location for a retail business.

They put out a call for volunteers on Saturday to help scrape paint and pull nails out of the floor in anticipation of continuing the renovation work this week. Denise and I helped for about two hours, and even in that amount of time there was a lot of work completed.
Denise and another volunteer up on the scaffolding scraping paint.

The crew I worked with taking nails out of the floor.
A casualty of the nail-pulling.

I also was recently asked to join the board of directors for the Goshen store, so now I get to learn even more about TTV! I will attend my first board meeting in February. It is an exciting time to be joining since final plans are being made for the move and they also just became separately incorporated.

No comments: