Book #200 was A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. It actually was an audio book that I listened to while in my car. Not a great book in my opinion, but worth listening to. I started listening to audio books in January 2004 when I started grad school and my pleasure reading time became severely limited. I began having withdrawal.
My pace of reading has increased, especially since I graduated in May. In 2007 I read 42 books, including 10 in November and December.
Have no fear! I have many more books to read! Below is a picture of one of the bookshelves in my living room. All of these books are unread and waiting patiently for me to choose them. I also have a long list of books I want from the library that my Mom gets for me periodically. I am always on the lookout for interesting books to read, so if you have read a good one recently (or not so recently) feel free to recommend it to me.
By the way, I mostly read Christian fiction, mysteries, popular fiction, and non-fiction (Christian living, books about singleness, etc)
2 comments:
I like the spreadsheet idea for
keeping track of the books you
read - may try it, as soon as I
learn how to create a spreadsheet.
A nice selection is:
The Memory Keeper's Daughter,
Kim Edwards
Happy Reading!
Cynthia
http://poemflesh@blogspot.com
Add another dot on your map of blogsite visitors. This is from Australia. Deanna, can I suggest a book for you to read if you haven't already got enough! I would love to hear your opinion of my own novel, "Outcasts of Skagaray", by Andrew Clarke. See www.threeswans.com.au for excerpts.
Post a Comment