Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A busy weekend & more snow!

This past weekend (and end of the week) was full of activities. On Thursday night Denise and I went to Jen Nussbaum's house for a Ladies Night Out. She scheduled three nights this winter - one each in January, February and March for women to come to her house and hang out, work on projects, etc. I took my stamps and card making supplies along and had a pretty productive night.
These are the cards I made.

On Saturday I went with Denise to Glenbrook Mall in Fort Wayne. She went to meet Marcia, a friend of hers from Bluffton, OH that she used to work with at Bluffton College/University. Ft Wayne is a good halfway point for each of them and a good place to get together. They sat in the food court and talked and looked at pictures most of the day. I joined them for lunch and some conversation, then spent the rest of the time shopping.
Marcia Gallant and Denise

After church on Sunday my Sunday School class had their monthly carry-in meal. We visited and ate until about 2pm, then I came home, changed clothes, and went to the play Dead Man Walking at Bethany Christian High School with Denise and Penny. The students did a great job putting it on but it was a serious play.

In the evening I went to my friend Susie's house to watch the Oscars on TV. We munched on popcorn and smoothies while we watched.

I woke up this morning to 8" of fresh snow! The weather forecasters had been predicting a big front moving through and we actually got all the snow they were predicting. Most schools were closed around here again today - it seems like they have been closed more than usual this year. They usually have some make-up days built into the school year but they have to be close to adding some extra days on at the end of the year to make them up.
Denise using the snowblower on the driveway this morning. I took this picture right before I started shoveling - I promise!

By the time I got home tonight, several more inches had fallen, and the wind had picked up, blowing some of the snow back into the driveway. So I will probably get to shovel again tomorrow morning.

No comments: