Denise and I drove out to Grantsville, MD on Thursday afternoon and evening. We stayed overnight at Ida & Freda's house in Springs, PA and then had breakfast at the Casselman Restaurant on Friday morning.
We then drove around Grantsville and did some exploring. We drove up the road behind the Casselman toward the house where Grandpa Yoder grew up.
We went to the small cemetery at the Mennonite church in Grantsville.
My great grandparents gravestone. Note the age difference - 14 years and 14 days!
We also made the required stop at Hilltop, a well-known fruit market, but also the home of CandyLand, where you are spend a lot of money in a short amount of time on a huge variety of candy.
There was lots of time for a variety of games.
Aunt Judy meeting Mattea for the first time.
Wanda, Eric & Michelle working on a puzzle.
The Mausts prepared brunch for us. Here Harold is cutting up the YUMMY rolls.
There was lots of time for conversation and catching up.
Mary, Ida, Mim, Sharon, and Freda.
The Yoders are pretty fierce competitors. I think this is an argument in progress.
Erin, showing off Mattie to Susan, Debbie, and Keren.
More games. Looks like both teams are "in the barn."
Making supper on Saturday evening.
From the right: Marion, Kevin, Anna, Cloyce, Mom (back to camera), Nancy.
Uncle John getting the cheese ready.
Kevin leading the worship service on Sunday morning.
The reunion at Camp Albryoca was another good weekend of connecting with family. I spent a little bit too much time keeping everything organized so I didn't have as much time to connect with people as I would have liked.
Mary, Ida, Mim, Sharon, and Freda.
From the right: Marion, Kevin, Anna, Cloyce, Mom (back to camera), Nancy.
1 comment:
Good pictures, Deanna! Good job!
Miriam
Post a Comment