It seems like a bunch of meetings and events all got scheduled this week. It kept me busy nearly every evening this week. On Tuesday evening I attended a meeting for Mennonite Mutual Aid (MMA) church advocates. Not a very exciting meeting, but it made me realize I haven't done very much advocate work in the last several months.
On Wednesday evening I had a Stewardship meeting at church, then went to a GC volleyball game. They lost and I had a stressful day at work, but it was good to end the day with drinks (coffee, smoothies, root beer) and snacks at Java Junction with some girlfriends after the VB game.
On Thursday evening I went to the area MEDA meeting (Menno Economic Dvlp Assoc) held at Amish Acres in Nappanee. Amish Acres is only about 20 minutes away but I don't think I had ever been there. We had a good family style meal and then a program about energy savings and sustainability. Very interesting and made me want to try to conserve energy even more than I am now. I am also looking forward to attending the MEDA national convention in Columbus in November.
On Friday evening I helped my friend Susie with refreshments for a memorial service at the college for a student who was killed in May on her way home for the summer. Susie was close to the student so I helped get the refreshments ready and then serve them so she could do to the memorial service.
Today I didn't have anything going on! Yeah! This is my only free weekend this month so I tried to take advantage of it. It was a rainy morning so I stayed inside, cleaned up the messy house that results when I am only home long enough to dump stuff and sleep, caught up on the papers, etc. At a break in the rain I went out and picked more tomatoes. There are still lots of green ones that I hope ripen before it gets too cold! I spent most of the afternoon working on projects and watching the Notre Dame football game on TV. Now I am watching Ohio State football get beat by USC.
Another milestone (?) this week is that I closed out my eHarmony membership. eHarmony is an online, Christian, dating/matchmaking site that I decided to try again for three months. I matched with many guys but only several initiated conversation and none of them interested me very much. I am sure the ratio of women to men on the site is at least 3 to 1, so the guys on there are likely overwhelmed with matches, but it can be still very discouraging. At this point I have decided that trying to meet someone on eHarmony is not worth my time, emotional energy, or money. Who knows, I may join again in the future, but for now I'm done. I am still a member of MennoMeet, a free Mennonite networking site, but again there are many more women than men, and few men are taking much initiative. I am still holding out hope that I will meet someone soon, but I have to wonder what God is waiting for. I am more and more convinced that the only way I will meet someone is if a friend introduces us, so you can be thinking of someone that I might be interested in! :) Seriously, I would appreciate your prayers for me to meet someone or to be content in my singleness.
I am going to try to stay up and watch Saturday Night Live tonight since Michael Phelps is hosting. Haven't watched that regularly since college. At least I can sleep in a little bit before going to church tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment