Mom bought a 1/2 bushel of Courtland apples - one of the best kinds to use when making applesauce since they are naturally sweet. She cleaned and cut them all and had one batch cooking already on the stove by the time Denise and I got there.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Applesauce
I realized I forgot to post about my applesauce making evening at the end of September. Another evening at Mom & Dad's house using some of their equipment and Mom's expertise to make some yummy food.
Mom bought a 1/2 bushel of Courtland apples - one of the best kinds to use when making applesauce since they are naturally sweet. She cleaned and cut them all and had one batch cooking already on the stove by the time Denise and I got there.
Putting the first batch of cooked apples into the Victoria Strainer
The first applesauce being produced!
I am turning so fast my arm is blurry!!
Mom bought a 1/2 bushel of Courtland apples - one of the best kinds to use when making applesauce since they are naturally sweet. She cleaned and cut them all and had one batch cooking already on the stove by the time Denise and I got there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment