Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hodge Podge of thoughts

I realized I haven't been posting very much on my blog, mostly because there is not much exciting going on in my life right now. I guess that is OK. My life is not nearly as exciting as readers of this blog might think! There are many days of the same old things - wake up, go to work, come home, work around the house, go to bed, then do it all over again. Thrown into the routine occasionally are sporting events to attend, TV shows to watch, friends to hang out with, and special meetings to go to. Unfortunately, no dates.

Speaking of meetings, would anyone like to help me edit 30 pages of minutes? I took minutes for a Mennonite Investment committee meeting in late September, and last weekend I took minutes for the Goshen College Board of Directors meetings. I enjoy taking minutes, but I don't like the time it takes for me to edit and finalize them afterwards. I can edit minutes pretty quickly for an hour meeting, but when they are 1.5 days long, it takes a lot more time. My goal had been to have to Investment minutes done before the board meeting, but yeah, that didn't happen.

During my devotional time on Sunday I was reading in my quotes book, where I keep a lot of bible verses, short passages of books or magazine articles, or things I have heard someone say that made me think. I came across these words from Kristine Detweiler, a friend of mine currently working with African Children's Choir in Uganda. She wrote this in her March 2007 newsletter:

"Even when nothing "big" is happening, God is still active in our lives. Giving us time to rest. Or, teaching us some important lesson. Or, pruning us of something He can't use. I think that's where I am at right now - resting, learning, being pruned."

I would like to be doing a little more resting, but I definitely feel like I am learning and being pruned.

No comments: