Anyway, here are a few pictures from around home.
In the last month, we have had quite a bit of high wind. We can really feel it at our house since we don't have many trees and we sit on a little bit of a rise. Last month we lost some of the flashing on the side of the roof from high winds. There must have been just one or two nails that came loose but that was enough for the wind to work a 5 foot long piece loose. Luckily I found it laying at the base of the house the next morning instead of having to chase it across the field.
Speaking of Penny, she is leaving her position at Camp Friedenswald at the end of the month and will be living with Denise and I for a while. We have a 3rd bedroom that will be hers and she is moving the rest of her belongings into our basement. It will be nice to have her around, but it may also be challenging to have three independent, single woman living in the same house! Denise and I have developed a comfortable routine of living together and adding another person for a while will take some getting used to.
Denise and I have been working on purging, organizing, and cleaning things out, but having Penny move in made some organizing in the basement a little more urgent. Earlier this week we finished organizing a storage room in the basement. We had been calling it our "candle room" because I had been storing a lot of candles and holders there, but I was able to get all my candles onto three 1/2 shelves (after some purging). Now there is lots of room for some canning we hope to do this summer - which is what the shelves were originally designed for.
No comments:
Post a Comment