Monday, March 2, 2009
Empty Bowl Fundraiser
On Saturday evening I went with Denise and Penny to a fundraiser for Goshen Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN) sponsored by the Goshen Clay Artist's Guild. This has to be one of the coolest fundraisers I have heard of. You pay $15 for a bowl of soup, bread, dessert and drink. The cool part is that you get to pick the homemade bowl that is goes in, and then get to take the bowl home with you. The Clay Artist's Guild members make bowls that they donate to the fundraiser. IHN is a ministry for temporarily homeless people that are provided overnight housing in area churches.
We got there 15 minutes before it officially started but the line was already out the door.
The crowd of people enjoying their soup.
It was SO hard to choose a bowl!!!
After you chose your bowl, you then had to chose a soup to put in it - another hard choice. I chose mushroom barley, Denise chose cheesy potato, and Penny chose black bean.
Here are the chosen bowls: Penny's, mine, and Denise's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment