Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cedar Point

On Sunday I made my second trip of the year to Cedar Point. This time I went with my friend Susie. We left on Saturday and drove to Wooster, OH so Susie could attend the wedding of a former student. I relaxed at the hotel, watched the Notre Dame football game, read, and took a walk while she was at the wedding. It was nice to have some "me" time for awhile.

The next day we drove to Cedar Point. We were blessed with another beautiful end of summer day. Cedar Point is only open on weekends in September and they were definitely not as busy as they usually are in the summer. I don't know if this was because of the economy or the season - kids are back in school, it was after Labor Day, etc. We had a great day with basically no wait for any rides we wanted to go on. I think we waited the longest to go on the ferris wheel but that was because they weren't putting very many people on at one time. It had been a while since Susie had been there so we rode nearly all of the big roller coasters - Gemini, Magnum, Millennium Force, Raptor, Mantis, Mine Ride, Iron Dragon, Wicked Twister. Many of these we rode multiple times. We balanced this out with rides on the bumper cars, antique cars, ferry wheel, merry go round, etc. I did have a nice headache by the end of the day from all the twisting and spinning.

Susie giving me a ride on the antique cars.

Susie on the Skyhawk. I went on this once and that was enough for me.

Susie on the Merry Go Round.

Me and Charlie Brown.

No comments: