I have been too busy to post on the blog lately. I finally feel like I am catching my breath a little bit and can post a few pictures of activities. I am involved on several volunteer boards and am chair of the stewardship commission at church this year. These have all required quite a bit of work in the last few weeks. Nothing very picture worthy, just many evening meetings.
On Labor Day weekend Denise and I went to Camp Friedenswald to spend the day with friends of ours from the Bluffton area who were there for the weekend. It was a beautiful late summer day and we filled it up with visiting, relaxing, eating, and swimming.

It was Terry's birthday while we were there. We sang Happy Birthday and enjoyed the birthday cake. His grandkids were very interested in helping.

We had the beach to ourselves on a beautiful day on Lake Shavehead.

The walkway into the fen is finally done. It is neat to be able to see more wildlife and flowers. I want to go back next spring when the sandhill cranes have their nests in the fen.

We enjoyed a campfire and smores to end the evening.
The next day Denise, Penny and I went to
Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center for an afternoon hike across the property. It was a nice day and a nice hike except the mosquitoes were TERRIBLE. I finally borrowed a bandana from Penny and some Deep Woods Off from another participant and then things got much better.

Walking through section of prairie grass, or meadow (can't remember the difference)

Our destination: the lake at Luckey's Landing.
No comments:
Post a Comment