On Saturday morning I drove to Shipshewana to the annual benefit auction for MDC Goldenrod. They moved it to the Auction Barn this year. Denise, Penny and I ate their haystack breakfast (biscuits, hashbrowns, eggs, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, sausage, gravy, cheese sauce) and then stuck around for the morning watching the auction and bidding on a few things. I bought a new wooden swivel office chair (that I am sitting on right now) since the old one would randomly lower its height while you were sitting on it so you would eventually feel like you were typing at chin level. We stuck around longer than I was planning to try to bid on a glider rocker, but they didn't bring it up to bid by the time we left at noon. My parents were also there, stayed a little later than I did, and said the rocker went for more than I wanted to pay for it anyway. Good decision to leave I guess.
A small portion of the furniture that was sold. My office chair is hiding behind the blue barrel on the left.
In the afternoon, Denise and I went over to Mom and Dad's and made salsa with tomatoes from Penny's and Mom's garden. We made a double batch and ended up with 17 pints. Enough to last me for awhile.
Denise stirring the simmering salsa.
After we got back home we decided to go into town for the home opener for Goshen College Men's soccer. It was a last minute home game - they had moved the game to Goshen from Michigan because of the other school's field conditions. Goshen won 4-0 so it was a good game.

I was impressed at the turnout considering that it only became a home game the day before. Notice that it is the end of August and everyone has on coats. I want some warm weather yet! What happened to summer???

This afternoon, I went on 10+ mile bike ride on the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail. It was a great day for a bike ride!
Finally, it has been very busy at work the last several weeks. New students arrived yesterday, and returning students arrived today, but we have been busy the last several weeks with preparations. I don't work directly with students, but I have been busy updating the 2009-10 budget, answering many questions, and generally feeling overwhelmed. I snapped this picture of my desk one day when I was leaving work. I usually don't leave my desk this messy, but it was one of those days/weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment