Monday, August 17, 2009

Kristine & the African Children's Choir

On Sunday, August 9th the African Children's Choir came to town. They performed an evening concert at Maple City Chapel. My friend Kristine works with ACC in Kampala, Uganda. Part of the choir's ministry is to educate the choir members after they get back from tour, all the way through university if they desire. She works in administration at the Music for Life Primary School in Kampala, where she helps choose new choir members and deals with many other management issues. She was actually home from Uganda when the choir was in town so she spoke a little bit at the concert about what is going on in Uganda.

It was really hard to get pictures during the concert because I was sitting off to one side, and they moved around a lot.


If one of the choirs comes to your area, I would strongly recommend that you go to the concert. Concerts in churches are usually free.

Earlier in the week, Denise and I had Kristine over to our house for supper. Our friend Susie joined us for our supper of fresh sweet corn, chicken breasts, fresh tomatoes, and applesauce. After a game of croquet in the backyard we went to The Electric Brew to hang out and sip some coffee/beverages.

Croquet in the backyard with Coki monitoring the situation.

Pausing mid-game for a picture. (I was losing so was taking pictures instead).

Denise, Kristine, and Susie

Me and Kristine at The Brew

No comments: