Sunday, May 29, 2011

Emily Jo Risser

I'm an aunt! Emily Jo Risser arrived at 5:50am, Saturday, May 28, 2011. She was 6 lbs, 1.7 oz, and 19 inches long. She has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. After a trip out to Ohio for a baby shower for my cousin and his wife, and a birthday party for my uncle, I was able to get to the hospital to meet Emily (and see Eric & Michelle).

I am very glad that she arrived when she did. I leave a week from tomorrow for a week in Nicaragua, and Michelle's due date was the day before I left. I was sure that she would be born while I was gone, but instead she was a week early. Here are some pictures!

Me holding Emily.

Denise holding Emily.

Mom is now a grandma! Her first grandchild.

We took off her hat to see her dark hair.

She was awake for a few minutes so we could see her eyes.

The new daddy holding his daughter.

The happy family

Trying out her new green hat.

1 comment:

Susie said...

love all the cute photos of Emily! :)