Sunday, May 22, 2011

GameShowerGraduation

I am behind on updating this blog again. The last two weeks have been extremely busy and I am finally having some time at home. Right now I am actually in the basement because we heard the tornado sirens in town going off and it got very windy and has now started raining. I just got an all-clear text message so I guess we are just getting a lot of rain and no tornado. We don't really need any more rain - I wish we could send it to Texas.

On Good Friday, April 24 I went to a Cubs game with Denise, Eric and Dad. We got cheap tickets from one of Denise's co-workers. It ended up being a miserable, cold day. There was a 1 hour rain delay, then we sat thru 7 1/2 cold, windy innings before we left. The Cubs were pathetic and lost 8-1. However, it was nice to spend some time with family, even though the weather wasn't nice.
Wrigley Field, home of the Cubs

Removing the rain tarp on the field.

On April 30 there was a baby shower for my sister-in-law Michelle. It was thrown by some friends of hers, and guests included family, and friends from church and work. Eric & Michelle are not finding out the gender of baby until it arrives so there were lots of gifts of baby supplies, but very few clothes.

Michelle with the pile of presents

Their nursery theme is monkeys.

Opening presents

On Sunday, May 1 was GC graduation. It was a nice day, but a little windy. The faculty and graduates were able to process (walk) across campus from the Union to the RFC for the ceremony.

Faculty lining up in the old gym. President Brenneman is in the red robe on the right.

Faculty walking across campus toward the Rec Fitness Center.

No comments: