Monday, April 25, 2011

Review of "Lazarus Awakening"

Lazarus Awakening is the third and final book in a trilogy about Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. As the author states in Chapter 1, "I never intended to write a trilogy about Mary, Martha & Lazarus, the siblings from Bethany that we meet in Luke's and John's gospels. In fact, when I wrote Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World", I was fairly certain it was the one and only book to be found in those verses. But God surprised me six years later, and Having a Mary Spirit was born."

Now comes the third book about Lazarus. "Who was Lazarus anyway? He didn't speak a single world in the Bible. We have no record of his great acts of faith. Yet he is described as the one Jesus loves." Joanna Weaver uses the story of Lazarus to show God's unconditional love for us, and his great desire to have a relationship with us. It has helped me re-examine what I am prioritizing over a relationship with God - are they really that important in comparison?

I have read other Joanna Weaver books and find her writing style to be very easy to understand. More importantly, she brings new understanding to familiar Bible passages that we can all apply to our lives today. This books helped deepen my relationship with God. I intend to re-read passages in the future when I need to be re-learn to trust God and be reminded of God's love.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

Please rank my review so I can get more books from Blogging for Books!

No comments: