I can check off another thing on my list of
101 Things in 1,001 Days - on March 19 I attended GC's International Student Coffeehouse. I invited my friend Tami to go with me and we both had a great time. The event isn't really a "coffeehouse" per se. It begins with an international meal prepared by the GC international students using recipes from their home countries. There were about 15 different dishes, including salads and desserts. I actually liked all the food that I had!

The line of food, served by the students.

I sat with some friends and co-workers from the Registrar and Accounting offices.
L to R: Carolyn, Sandy, Barb, Ruth, Jean, Kathy, and Tami.
After the meal we walked over to the Music Center for the program. There was a nice variety of dancing, singing, and presentations. I am always so impressed with the performances of GC students - such a quality group of young people!

The concert hall was decorated with flags from all the countries that the students are from. This is only about 1/2 of them.

Peni (from Uganda) and Jan (Germany) did a good job as emcees.
No comments:
Post a Comment