I'm a list maker. And I've realized that I also am goal-oriented. I feel somewhat disoriented when I don't have some life goals I am working on.
I came across the concept of 101 things in 1,001 days from someone else's blog. I realize that there is much in life that I have already accomplished (buy a house, travel internationally, earn my MBA), but there are some other things I would like to do too.
So, I decided to start a 101 things list.
Problem: I can't come up with 101 things.
Problem: I've already started working on some of the goals.
Solution: Go ahead and post the list anyway. I'll just be a non-conformist and only have 50 things.
So, here is my list. You can help hold me accountable. I'll try to report periodically how I am progressing.
Note: 1,001 days is about 3 1/2 years. I am officially starting today, September 25, 2010.
Self-imposed rules:
- I can add anything to the list at any time. I DON'T have to end up with 101
- I can delete any five things currently on the list.
DEANNA'S 101 THINGS IN 1,001 DAYS OFFICIAL LIST
Faith
1. Decide on a church.
2. Go on a personal retreat at The Hermitage every six months.
3. Go to a women's retreat.
4. Go to a Mennonite convention (Pittsburgh 2011).
Family
5. Go thru Grandpa's stuff on Delilah and organize.
Home
6. Try 20 new recipes
7. Inventory the freezer
8. Make a list of all the sites I am a member of, and passwords.
9. Sell my house.
10. Move to a house closer to, or in, town (Goshen).
Leisure
11. Read 101 books
12. Join a yoga class.
13. Buy something from Etsy.
14. Learn how to cook a whole chicken.
15. Learn to knit.
16. Watch 25 movies I haven't seen before.
17. Re-watch all West Wing Episodes.
18. Go to a taping of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me
19. Watch all Hugh Grant movies
20. Start or join a book club.
21. Spend a day watching movies in my PJs.
22. Bike the Pumpkinvine Ride.
23. Go to GC's International Student Coffeehouse.
24. Go to a NASCAR race.
Lifestyle
25. Go three months without acquiring new (or new to me) clothes.
26. Give up pop for a month.
27. Fast for 24 hours.
28. Go vegetarian for a week.
29. Buy stock in a socially responsible company.
30. Shop at Maple City Market at least once a month (on average).
31. Learn to speak Spanish - at least functional.
32. Lose 20 pounds.
33. Buy a good pair of black heels.
34. Buy a new swimsuit.
35. Pick blueberries.
Relationships
36. Go on a date.
37. Go out to lunch with five people I haven't before.
38. Send a card to someone 1x/month - just because.
39. Fall in love.
40. Give parents of young children a night out.
Travel
41. Go on a cruise.
42. Visit 3 national parks.
43. Visit 3 state parks.
44. Go to the Elkhart County Historical Museum
45. Visit a foreign country.
46. Visit Susie in Lithuania.
47. Visit Kristine in Uganda.
48. Go to a relief sale other than the Michiana one.
49. Go on a road trip.
50. Lead an SST unit.
2 comments:
Great list. I've been to a taping of Wait Wait don't tell me -- lots and lots of fun. If you decide to go to a NASCAR race in Indianapolis, let me know... its on my to do list too!
Deanna, I love you. You are such thoughtful and inspiring person. I wish you much success on your list. I am sure you will accomplish all you have set out to do and more.
Post a Comment