Saturday, September 25, 2010

Women's Retreat at Friedenswald

Last weekend, Denise, Mom and I went to the Central District Conference Women's Retreat at Camp Friedenswald. My aunt Nancy was originally going to join us but she went to my cousin Marvin's funeral in Florida.

It had been a few years since I had been to Women's Retreat and it was good to be back and see some familiar faces. The week before had been a very stressful week for me, so it was good to have a time of retreat.


We stayed in Beech Cabin, one of the new girl's cabins with indoor plumbing!

The theme for the weekend was hope and joy. This was the worship setup in the chapel.

I went on a nature hike on Saturday afternoon and saw this egret in the fen.

Sandy led a "green spa" workshop, where we tried some face masks and cuticle treatments. I was the only one to try a hair mask. It was made out of avocado and banana and a little bit of grapeseed oil.

No comments: