Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day weekend

Over Labor Day weekend, Denise and I went up to Camp Friedenswald to spend some time with some of our friends from the Bluffton area. They were (nearly) all people I got to know when I worked at camp in the mid-90s. (wow - makes me feel old!) It was a little cool on Saturday but nice on Sunday so we were able to spend a little bit of time on the beach. I introduced the kids to the Bog Jog (a trail through the bog), and generally enjoyed being back in the Peaceful Woods! It was a relaxing time filled with good conversation, relaxing, and lots of game playing.

The beginning of the Bog Jog.
Kayaks on the beach.

Ducks diving for some food.

Terry had a birthday while we were there. 63 years young! Here he is with 3 of his grandkids.

Part of the group that was there, overlooking the Friedenswald fen.
L to R: Terry, Beth, Kim, Diane, Teresa, Maryann, Denise

No comments: