Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Catching Up Again

Where does the time go? It has been a few weeks since I have updated again. Here are a few pictures of the last few weeks, starting with The Empty Bowl fundraiser at the end of February. This is a fundraiser for Interfaith Hospitality Network, put on by the Clay Artist's Guild. I wouldn't stand in line for over an hour for a bowl of soup if I didn't get an awesome bowl to put it in. I of course spent part of the time in line thinking of ways to make the event more efficient and organized, but it was still a lot of fun.


Choosing bowls is the hardest part.

But choosing soup isn't easy either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Sunday, March 6 I went to the home choir concert of Goshen College's Womens World Music Choir. I wish I could have sung with a group like this in college. It was a good concert!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last weekend was my semi-annual personal retreat at The Hermitage. I have come to look forward to these retreats very much as a time to think, pray, meet God, and just get away from my usual busy routine. I volunteered for a few hours while I was there, which included picking up branches in the yard from the recent ice storm, and organizing the library (my favorite job). !Me gusta libros! (I like books!) I also spent a lot of time reading, journaling, walking in the woods, and just "being." Ahhhh!

The sign at the entrance to The Hermitage.

The birds were a welcome sign of spring - even though someone reminded me that cardinals are here year-round. I just don't see them at my house, so they seemed hopeful to me!

St. Joseph's Barn - one of the two main buildings.

I love this sign on the driveway as you exit.

No comments: