Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lithuanian meal by Susie

Also on the last Saturday in June I attended a fundraising meal for Susie's work at LCC International University. She cooked a traditional Lithuanian meal - cold red beet soup, boiled potatoes, potato salad, cabbage rolls, and a yummy dessert. They all had beautiful Lithuanian names which makes the food sound better than what I just listed, but of course I can't spell them (or pronounce them.) She also had a silent auction of some items that she had brought back from Lithuania. There were about 50 people in attendance, including me, Denise, my parents, and my friend Cara home from Texas. Susie was happy with the attendance and the funds raised from donations and auction purchases.

Mom, Denise and Cara at our table.

My plate of Lithuanian food

Denise, Susie & Cara with the dessert.

Items for the silent auction

Susie giving her presentation about Lithuania and her work.

No comments: