I MOVED. That is the single most important thing that has taken up so much of my time. Moving is hard work - there is no way around it. Even if you don't think you have a lot of stuff, you do. I have been working on slowing packing up my house since early July, and the big move finally happened last Saturday, August 20. I had a lot of help with moving from my mom & dad, brother & sister-in-law, Denise's boss, my boss, and friends of each of our churches. We were pretty organized but it still was hard work carrying boxes, moving appliances and furniture, etc. Denise and I will still be living together, and I am very excited about the house we bought together on 8th St. We wanted to downsize and move into town to be closer to work, church, and many activities we participate in. But right now I own two houses instead of one, and have deep cleaning at the old house to do in addition to unpacking boxes at the new house, as well as LOTS of yardwork at the new house to get it looking nice again. Our "old" house on CR 35 is still for sale - I hope we can sell it soon. We have a few final things to move out (things that we are getting rid of or taking to other people's houses), and then need to get it "show ready" again for prospective buyers. I'm trying to take one thing at a time but my task-oriented personality helps me keep seeing the many things that need to be done, and it's hard to relax and take my time.
Before I moved my days were filled with work (oh yeah, I work full-time), my cousin's wedding in Ohio, closing on the new house, a shift working at the taco booth at the county fair run by the service organization my dad is a part of, a family reunion in Pennsylvania, a Saturday gathering of family friends in Goshen, and a Sunday visit from my Indianapolis cousins to see "the new babies". The shift at the taco booth was with Denise and Susie, and was only a few days before she left to go back to Lithuania in late July. I miss having her around!
I will hopefully post a few pictures of all of this eventually. We won't have internet access at the new house until Saturday, so I am either doing without, doing computer-related things on my lunch hour (like this blog post), or going out to the old house, where we will have internet access until Sept 22 thanks to a 30-day cancellation notice in our contract.
There have been some brights spots - it's not all overwhelming!
- I biked to church on Sunday (about .40 miles one way).
- I have biked to work Monday and Tuesday (about .50 miles one way), including a hurried trip home yesterday at lunch to unlock the garage for the repair guys to fix the garage door.
- The weather has been beautiful! We didn't get rained on during moving day except for the last load, which could get wet anyway (wheelbarrow, other garage stuff).
- Coki (my cat) seems to have adapted to city living quite well. She was out for about 8 hours on Sunday morning and I was worried she was lost and wouldn't come back, but she was waiting on the front porch when I got back from lunch.
- The boxes are slowly getting emptied!
- Students return to campus this weekend. It's always such an exciting time of year.
1 comment:
So glad you posted! It's good to hear what you've been up to. I miss you.
Post a Comment