Saturday, January 7, 2012

Books read in 2011

Back in mid-2000, I started keeping a list of books that I have read.  I was inspired by an older lady who said she had been keeping track of what books she had read for years, and she had read 1,000s of them!  I thought that was kind of cool, and reading is by far my favorite pastime, so I started my own list.  Here is what I read in 2011:

1.  The Guinea Pig Diaries by AJ Jacobs (audiobook)
2. The Pirate Queen by Patricia Hickman
3. There is no Me Without You by Melissa Fay Greene
4.  Indivisible by Kristen Heitzmann
5.  Cruising:  All Questions Answered by Douglas Ward
6. Wide my World, Narrow my Bed by Luci Swindoll
7.  Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson
8.  Day of a Stranger by Thomas Merton
9.  The Merry Wives of Maggody by Joan Hess
10. The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver (audiobook)
11.  Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
12.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
13. The Conscious Consumer by Rose Benz Ericson
14. Living More With Less by Doris Longacre
15.  Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman (audiobook)
16.  Stirring it Up:  How to Make Money and Save the World by Gary Hirshberg
17.  A Change of Heart by Philip Gulley (audiobook)
18. The Brethren by John Grisham (audiobook)
19.  The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
20.  The Truth Seeker by Dee Henderson
21.  The Supper of the Lamb by Robert Farrar Cappon
22.  She Has Done a Good Thing by Rhoda Keener & Mary Swartley
23.  The Protector by Dee Henderson
24.  The Healer by Dee Henderson
25.  Lazarus Awakening by Joanna Weaver
26.  Celtic Prayers from Iona by J. Philip Newell
27.  An Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor
28.  The Rescuer by Dee Henderson
29.  Nicaragua:  Enchantment of the World by Marion Morrison
30.  The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
31.  Nicaragua:  A Decade of Revolution by Lou Dematteis
32.  Sacred Journeys by Jan Richardson
33.  The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
34.  Nicaragua by William Frank Gentile
35.  An Eye for an Eye by Irene Hannon

Favorite Book(s) of the Year: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series (Dragon Tattoo, Played With Fire, Kicked the Hornet's Nest) - well- written but a hard story to read sometimes.

Least Favorite Book of the Year:  The Lacuna - LONG, boring, predictable.  Didn't understand what all the hype was about.

Total books read since July 2000:  343.

And I'm off into 2012:  I have finished three books already - done while I was on Christmas break.  And I have lists and lists of books I want to read:  on my own bookshelf, at the library, on PaperbackSwap.  I think it will be years before I will be able to go into a bookstore or library and get a book because I have "nothing else to read!"

You can keep track of what I'm currently reading on the right side of my blog. 

No comments: