I had a good time in Florida the last week of February. My flight on Tuesday afternoon was uneventful, and it was sunny and in the 70s when I arrived. The next several days were relaxing but busy, filled with going out to eat, connecting with friends, exercising outside, and reading. Mom, Dad & I left early on Friday for the 2-day drive home, and other than rush hour traffic through Atlanta on Friday afternoon, it was pretty uneventful travel. We made it home about an hour before another storm moved in and gave us several inches of snow. It was great to get out of the cold weather for awhile, but also good to be home.
Mom and I walked around Pinecraft, a part of Sarasota where a lot of Amish spend part of the winter. The shuffleboards were getting a lot of action - a popular place for Amish guys to hang out.
Shuffleboard action
On Thursday morning Mom and I found a trailhead for the Legacy Trail, a rails to trails paved bike/walking path about 12 miles long that goes between Sarasota and Venice. I walked for about 1/2 hour and then turned around and came back. It was a great, warm day for walking. I wore shorts and t-shirt!
The Legacy Trail had these nice trail markers that would be helpful in an emergency.
While Mom & Dad are in Sarasota, they stay in a house called Weaver Villa, a 5-bedroom house with private bedroom and bathroom space, and shared kitchen and living space. There were two other couples there while I was there, but usually the house is full with all five rooms full. Here are a few pictures.
In the large living room
The dining room table and front door.
One end of the huge screened-in porch.
The other end
Their very own shuffleboard court in the backyard!
No comments:
Post a Comment