Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I Like Giving book review


I Like Giving by Brad Formsma is a book of compiled stories, most of which have been published on the website ilikegiving.com.  The author gives some background and context for the stories, and tells some of his own experience with giving, including selling his successful construction business to focus on expanding the ministry of I Like Giving.  The book reminds us that we all have something to give.  Maybe it is a smile, a listening ear, the gift of time, or giving money to a worthy cause.  The stories help illustrate the many ways that people have taking this principle of giving and applied it to their own life. 

The book focuses a lot on giving and how good it can make us feel.  It touches briefly on receiving as well, which is almost always harder than giving.  But being a good giver also requires being a good receiver as well.

A quick, light read with some good ideas for living a more generous life.

I received this book for free from Waterbrook in exchange for my honest opinion.  

No comments: