Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Denver Girls Weekend

I have been meaning to post on my blog for a long time now, and I am just not getting it done.  So instead of perusing Facebook right now, I am prioritizing writing an update about my trip to Denver May 8-11.  Denise and I flew out to Denver to meet two of our high school friends who are currently living in Texas for a Girls Weekend.  We had a lot of fun exploring Denver and Boulder, meeting friends who used to live in Goshen, shopping, and getting manicures and pedicures.  It was pretty cool weather-wise while we were there, and Sunday we woke up to rain that changed to snow.  A late season snowstorm!  Luckily we made it out of the Denver airport after a few delays, back to warmer weather.  It was a fun weekend!

We met Jen and Tim Nussbaum for supper in Boulder.  I used to go to church with Tim and Jen, and they and their two high-school age daughters now live in Boulder.  It was great to catch up with them and see a little bit of their Colorado life. 
Susie, Cara, Tim and Jim waiting to eat at a busy restaurant in Boulder.  The balloon are for UC-Boulder graduation weekend. 

Pearl Street in Boulder, a popular pedestrian street with lots of restaurants and shops.  The building where Tim works is in the background. 

We drove up one of the foothills overlooking Boulder, and had a great night time view. 

Pedicures! 

Susie and Me. 

 We visited the Tattered Cover Bookstore, a large well known new and used bookstore not far from our hotel.  We could have spent a lot more time here!! 

  
 A highlight for me was going on a factory tour of Celestial Seasonings and seeing how they make and package their tea.  Very interesting and fragrant! 

I am the Sleepytime Bear! 

No comments: