Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Avalon & Jill

This past weekend Denise, our friend Susie, and I went on a small road trip. We went to Spring Arbor, MI for an Avalon concert on Friday evening, stayed overnight in a hotel, went shopping Saturday, and then spent the evening with Jill Fast and her family. Avalon is a Christian singing group and Denise's FAVORITE group, Jill is a friend from college.
Avalon singing at the concert, which was a fundraiser for a crisis pregnancy center (or something like that). As a result, there were a lot fewer Avalon fans in the audience than normal.

Denise is an official member of the Avalon Fan Clan so we got "backstage" passes to talk to Avalon after the show. We were the only ones there for this meet and greet! Pretty cool. Left to right is Denise, Greg Long, Melissa, me, Susie, Janna, and Jeremi. Jeremi is the newest member of Avalon and this was his first official concert.

On Saturday we went shopping at the Fremont Outlet Shops. Not as good as Michigan City, but they did have a great Bath and Body Works outlet, and I found a pair of shoes I had been wanting.

In the evening we drove to Van Wert, OH to visit Jill (Dunlap) Fast, her husband Mike, and their two sons Zane (6) and Jace (3). We had a great time catching up with each other and watching Ohio State lose to Illinois.

I played some hoops with the boys. These kids are huge sports nuts! Probably get it from their dad.

These were painted on the wall of the boy's bedroom. They looked real!


Me, Susie, Jill and Denise

Jace

Zane

Jill's husband Mike and Jace.
We were watching the movie Cars since Denise and I had never seen it. We watched parts of it anyway.

On a less exciting note, my house was broken into on Tuesday while Denise and I were at work. Dad came to get something around 3:30 and found the service door in the garage and the kitchen door standing open. Our new TV was stolen, along with the digital camera and some jewelry. The jewelry was worth absolutely nothing so I have to laugh about that. We are now being much more diligent about locking our doors - we can't be sure the outside door was locked since Denise had gone out that morning to get the paper. So no more pictures on the blog until we get the camera replaced!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Oh, no ! The new TV gone! What a pity!
Miriam