Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving weekend

I had a quiet and relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. It was hard to go back to work after a 4-day weekend. I got to sleep in every morning!

On Thanksgiving Day I went over to Mom & Dad's for the day. Other people there were Denise, Eric & Michelle, Marion & Wanda, John & Karen, Spencer & Preston. We had plenty of good food including turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, apple salad, cranberry salad, homemade bread, and pumpkin pie. We spent the rest of the day taking naps, watching TV and playing games.

We got about an inch of snow overnight that night, but it melted when the sun came out the next day and it got up to 40 degrees.

On Friday I did a bunch of stuff around the house, then went out for supper with Denise and our friend Susie at El Camino. Afterward we went back to Susie's and played games and listened to 80's music.

Saturday morning was my first volunteer shift at the local Ten Thousand Villages store. It was fun and the time went pretty fast. I am helping out again on Thursday evening after work for a few hours. Saturday evening I drove up to Camp Friedenswald and hung out with Penny and her mom.

I have some pictures to post of T-giving but we discovered that the new camera is not compatible with our ancient computer. Another good reason to upgrade to a laptop sooner rather than later. So, pictures will be delayed a few days until Denise gets them off the camera and I have time to post them from work.

No comments: