Monday, November 19, 2007

More cultural events

Last Thursday evening I attended the musical Godspell, put on by Bethany Christian High School. They did a wonderful job. It is always great to see high schoolers involved in good stuff like that. Denise and I also attended a dinner for Associates (large donors) of Bethany before the show. Neither of us are large donors, but Denise works with the Development Director so she got invited.

On Saturday evening I helped out at the box office for GC's Performing Arts Series concert by Sweet Honey in the Rock. It was a very popular concert and tickets were expensive, but we were able to get everyone a seat that wanted one. The concert was good, and different music than I am used to hearing. I liked it enough that I came home and requested one of their CD's on Swap A CD. A cheap way to see how much I like their music!

The rest of weekend was filled with working around the house, church Thanksgiving meal and congregational meeting, and small group. The weekends go way too fast in my opinion! At least I get a four day weekend this week because of Thanksgiving. I am not doing any traveling other than going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: