Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bethany Fun Fest Friday

I took the day off work last Friday as a mental health day, and because I realized I had never taken my Labor Day holiday back in September. I was due for a day off! The weather was fairly decent - close to 50 and some sun, so I decided to go for a walk on the millrace in Goshen.
This is the Goshen dam. Plenty of water going over it this time of year.

There were some people out canoeing. There was also a swan out on the water, and the canoeists were trying to get as close to it as possible.

Last Friday was also Bethany Christian Schools' large fundraiser, Fun Fest. Denise works at Bethany. They have lots of food to eat, a carnival for the kids, and a live and silent auction. They usually bring in over $70,000 from this event, so it is worth all the hard work!

This is just before the beginning of the live auction which featured quilts, furniture, sports items, and a whole variety of other good things. I bought a denim comforter as my "contribution" for the evening.

Kids having fun at one of the carnival games.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.