Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pictures from last week

Here are some pictures from my activities last week.

The red maple outside the building I work in.

Another pretty tree on campus

Leaves on the sidewalk

Many bikes at the GC soccer game last Wednesday! (the main student form of transportation)

Paintings I bought at my friend Megan's (on the right) art open house on Saturday. I love her style!

On Saturday morning I participated in a tour of Amish businesses as part of Michiana MEDA. It was very interesting to see all the beautiful handcrafted furniture being made in the area!


Tour of the table factory

Steve showing us how they sand the top of each table. The big sander was designed by a friend of his.

Pieces of wood already assigned to a specific table for a specific seller.

Lines of finished chairs at the chair factory.
All the lighting comes from large skylights in the ceiling.

Finished chair after coming out of the stain booth. Beautiful! The brains behind this whole operation is the Amish man in the background at middle right.

An Amish computer! Really!


Beautiful colors along the Goshen millrace.


Walking with Penny, Maggie and Moxie on the millrace.

No comments: