Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hodge Podge

This post will be a hodge podge of pictures since it has been a few weeks since I have posted. I have once again been busy with work and committee obligations and haven't taken pictures of too much exciting.

Goshen College Men's Basketball
In early November the GC Men's BB team had their first game of the season at IUSB. Denise, Susie and I decided to drive over to South Bend for the game, with a stop at Chipotle on the way. Yummo!

My yummy Chipotle burrito!

Susie and I at the game.

The basketball team listening to Coach Chupp at a timeout.
Unfortunately, GC lost by 10 points, but it was fun to be back in basketball season again!

Things that bug me

Several weeks ago we got the following note in our paper. I was appalled at the spelling errors. How many can you find? (you can click on the picture to make it larger is needed)



Here is what I found:
Im = I'm
Inconvenons = Inconvenience
on = should be 'with'
papper = paper
use = us
becouse = because
are = our

What is this world coming to?

Another thing that bugs me = "opportunities" for surveys printed on the end of receipts, which waste a lot of paper. I wonder how many actually do these things anyway. Below is my Walgreens receipt. If you look closely I bought one thing - a $.49 prescription, and my receipt could have ended at the barcode. Argh!!!


The Hermitage
Last weekend I did an overnight personal retreat at The Hermitage. I had been feeling the need for some time to think, pray, and reflect, and my cousin Glenn and others have spoken highly of The Hermitage. It was exactly what I needed. Saturday was a beautiful day so I took a long walk in the afternoon, then was in my room for a few hours. After supper I checked out their extensive library, then spent more time in my room. There were several other people there while I was there but we each pretty much kept to ourselves except for meals, which were eaten in silence (with music playing in the background). Time seemed to slow down and the atmosphere allowed space for thinking and prayer. It was so helpful to spend some time sorting some things out on paper and through prayer. I stayed overnight and left Sunday mid-afternoon. I will definitely go back, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, personal retreat.

My room at The Hermitage.


One of the walking trails in the woods.

A pond in the woods.

No comments: