Thursday, May 20, 2010

Catching Up

It has been a few weeks since I have posted. Haven't taken too many pictures either. But here are a few.

On Saturday May 8 there were many things going on that I wanted to participate in. My mom was going to have a garage sale that she wanted my help with, LaCasa was asking for volunteers for Help a House, Goshen Diversity Day was going on, there was a concert I was interested in going to, and a retirement celebration was being held in Bluffton for Willis Sommer. I couldn't do them all, so I decided to help out with the garage sale in the morning, then go to Diversity Day for lunch and hanging out a little bit.

It ended up being too windy and cold for a garage sale so I helped price and put out more stuff, then I went to Diversity Day for lunch. There were many food booths set up from different countries. I tried food from Guatemala, Turkey, Palestine, and Germany, including this tasty blueberry dessert from Germany.



Some of the food booths at Diversity Day.

On Tuesday evening Denise, Susie and I went to see the GC production of Pippin, a musical by Steven Schwartz. The students pulled this production together in three weeks during May term. It was pretty amazing to see what they did in such a short amount of time.



I couldn't take pictures during the play, so here is the cast at the end of the show.

We are finally having some warmer weather, after many cold, rainy and blustery days. Next week is supposed to be beautiful, and I hope to bike to work several days next week, as part of Ride your Bike to Work Week.

No comments: