Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lunch at Hilary & Gladys'

I am sorely behind on this blog. Too many other things going on, and I'm tired at the end of the day. These pictures are from a couple of weeks ago, but I'll at least get one post up today, and then maybe more this weekend.

On Sunday, April 19th Denise and I were invited to Hilary & Gladys Bertsche's house for lunch. This was a farewell lunch for Penny before she left for Alaska for the "summer" (she left on April 22 - not quite summer in AK yet). Anyway, Michelle L was also able to join us and Penny and Cheryl made it back from a quick trip to Ohio just in time for lunch.

Getting ready to eat Gladys' good cooking.
Michelle, Denise, Hilary, Penny, & Cheryl

Gladys, Michelle, Denise, me and Hilary.

As I said, my friend and housemate Penny left for Alaska on April 22 to spend the summer working on her brother's farm and doing whatever else comes her way. She will be living without electricity and running water but is looking forward to it. I hope she has a great summer, but I miss having her around here.

Here's what I miss seeing at the end of the Dining Room table...
(she hates having pictures taken, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this blog, so I think I'm safe).

No comments: