Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Hermitage, Pumpkinvine and laundry

Hold onto your seats, blog readers! Deanna is actually posting something within 24 hours of it happening! You don't have to wait 2 weeks for me to get around to posting something this time. But don't get too used to it. I am sure my life will get busy again or I won't have anything exciting to post. Onward to the post...

On Friday and Saturday I took another personal retreat at The Hermitage. I had done my first retreat there about 6 months ago and the time felt right for another one. I took the day off work and arrived there mid-afternoon on Friday and left mid-afternoon on Saturday. I got there just in time on Friday, because within an hour of my arrival a mighty thunderstorm rolled through, and it poured for a while. Luckily I was safely in my room and didn't get wet. I wasn't so lucky later on when I went out for a walk after supper and got caught in another brief rain shower. It seemed to have cleared off but another rain shower passed through. Guess God wanted me to get wet.

I took a small vase of daisies with me from home to add some color to my desk.

The room I stayed in - very comfy and adequate.

The rest of my room - chair and desk.

The beginning of the trails - a little damp, but still a good hike.

St. Joseph's Barn, the main lodging facility at The Hermitage. My room is the second window up on the right.

On the way home from The Hermitage I drove right by Yups Dairyland, where I went often in my growing up years. I had to stop and get an ice cream treat to enjoy!



After I got home on Saturday afternoon, I decided since the weather was so nice (and I was motivated) to go for a bike ride on the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail/bike path. I rode it to the end and back, about 11 miles. My legs hurt by the time I was done, but it was a good ride.

Part of the Pumpkinvine

I just got done folding all the laundry that Denise did yesterday. I think it was 4 "hang out" loads and 1 dryer load. Coki wanted to be in on the action and sat down among the socks to be matched.


That's all for today.

No comments: