Thursday, December 30, 2010

Friends Home for Christmas

I didn't have any travel plans for Christmas, mainly because several friends who live far away were coming to Goshen for the holidays. On Monday, I got together with three friends from high school, who I am still close to today: Kristine, serving with African Children's Choir in Uganda, Susie serving with LCC International University in Lithuania, and Cara serving with Youth With a Mission in Tyler, TX. Kristine has been in Uganda for five years, Cara in TX for at least 7 years, and this is Susie's first year at LCC after working at Goshen College for 9 years.

They were hungry for some "local" cuisine so we went to Shipshewana for some wonderful Jo-Jo's pretzels, and stopped at Rise-N-Roll bakery for some yummy donuts and cookies. We also made supper together - tacos. It was fun to cook and go shopping together.

After supper we played some Dutch Blitz - I lost! Oh well, it was still fun!

The group at Jo-Jo's: Susie, Kristine, Denise, Cara

Our stack of pretzels

Kristine with her pretzel and their yummy sweet mustard

Susie and me

Susie making guacamole for supper

And several group pictures:
At the dining room table

In front of the Christmas tree

Trying out the timer on my camera to include all of us

No comments: