Sunday, January 2, 2011

Update to 101 Things

Bonna reminded me that I said I would occasionally give an update to my list of 101 Things in 1001 Days. Actually, my list is 51 Things.

Here are updates to things I have been working on:

1. Decide on a church - I have fully transitioned from 8th St Mennonite to Assembly Mennonite. I had my last Stewardship meeting at 8th St. on December 20th, which felt officially like the end. I joined an Assembly small group in late October and am feeling more connected there.

2. Go on a retreat at The Hermitage every 6 months - I went on a retreat October 16-18, 2010 at The Hermitage, and will go again in early March.

11. Read 101 books - I have read 9 since September 26:
  • Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett (highly recommended)
  • No One Would Listen by Harry Markopolos
  • The Frog and Toad Treasury by Arnold Lobel
  • Love Finds You in North Pole Alaska by Loree Lough
  • Revelations of a Single Woman by Connally Gilliam
  • The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
  • Hunting Season by Nevada Barr
  • Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
16. Watch 25 movies that I haven't seen before - I have seen 5
  • Precious
  • Once
  • It's Complicated
  • Slumdog Millionaire
  • The Informant
17. Rewatch all West Wing episodes - I have watched the first five episodes of Season 1.

30. Shop at Maple City Market at least once a month - I missed December, 2010.

31. Learn to speak Spanish - I took college level Spanish 101 Fall semester and will take Spanish 102 in Spring semester, starting next week.

33. Buy a good pair of black heels - I bought some at The Depot (resale) for $4 in October, but I think they are too big for me. May have to keep looking.

51. ADDED: Read through the Bible - I added this to the list in October, under the provision that I can add anything to the list at anytime. I have printed out a 52 week reading plan (that I will spread out over 3 1/2 years). I am currently about 2 1/2 weeks through the plan.

Also, I determined that the ending date for my 1001 days in June 21, 2013.

1 comment:

Betty said...

So is your cruise on the 101 things to do?