Monday, March 26, 2012
Ready for my Nicaraguan adventure
I'm packed and ready to go! I leave bright and early tomorrow for the drive to Chicago O'Hare airport to catch a flight to Miami, then on to Managua, Nicaragua. If all goes as planned I will arrive in Managua around 5:30 local time, 7:30 Goshen time.
I am not nervous at this point. I have spent a lot of time preparing for this and now know that all of it was worth it in part to ease my peace of mind. My biggest challenges at first will likely be struggling with Spanish and getting used to the heat. (It's supposed to be 95 in Managua tomorrow). The next several days for Keri and I will include exploring Jinotepe, the town where we will be living, and starting to make contacts for speakers, planning field trips, and arranging host families. I am also looking forward to experiencing Holy Week next week.
I will keep up this blog as I am able. There also is an official Nicaragua SST blog
http://www.goshen.edu/sst/nicaragua/
that will always be a higher priority, but I will try to use my personal blog to describe more of my personal experiences.
Thanks for traveling along on this journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good to know it has gone well! Will be nice to keep up with your experiences on this blog. Thanks, and continued blessings.
Post a Comment