Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!

Sunday (April 29) was my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Dad! We celebrated by going out for lunch at Waterford Crossing after church.

On Saturday Eric went to a local tree farm that was having an auction so he could buy some trees for the town of Middlebury. (he is on the Middlebury tree board). He bought Denise and I a tree for $20 that had been frost damaged, but that should heal and be fine with some tree wrap (wrap the trunk of the tree with something). He dropped it off on Saturday evening and he and Denise decided to plant it on Sunday afternoon.
Here is the tree before it was planted. It is a flowering cherry tree.

Mom and Dad decided to get in on the action. Here they are helping to dig the hole.

Mom declared that horse manure should be added when planting a tree, so we told her she had to bring some. She did!! Here she is adding it. She said Grandpa Yoder (her dad) always used to say this.
Here is the finished product! I think it looks great! I managed to arrive home from commencement just as they were finishing so I got to help fill in the hole and clean up.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

It sounds like you still know when to show up ! Smart girl !
Miriam

Anonymous said...

Way to go Deanna, This is the first I have accessed your BLOG. Very interesting.