I have been finding ways to fill up the newfound free time I now have and have not posted to my blog as much as I would like.
Last Saturday evening I had a party to celebrate the completion of my MBA. I invited friends, family, and co-workers. Thanks to my family for helping to set-up and tear down and stay for the whole thing. It was great to see so many people important to me all in one place, and it was good to celebrate my accomplishment. I will post some pictures when I get them off my camera.
Sunday after church Denise and I had Mom, Dad, Eric & Michelle over for Mother's Day dinner. We played Shanghi Rook afterward and I won. Mom also brought the wall hanging that I had bought at the Bethany fun fest auction. She put tabs on the back of it so I can hang it in my office.
Sunday evening I went out to eat at Hacienda with Denise and friends Cara and Susie to celebrate Cara's birthday. The sad part of the evening was that Cara's grandpa had passed away that afternoon, after being sick about two months with lung cancer. He was 88. Viewing is tonight and the funeral is tomorrow morning.
Work was crazy yesterday as I had to make last minute travel plans for three administrators to go to Kansas today. Our VP for Student Life's father died unexpectedly in Newton on Saturday, so my boss, the Academic Dean, and the Assoc VP for Student Life decided to go out for the viewing and funeral there. I don't think I have ever made travel plan on that short of notice before. It was stressful but everything worked out in the end.
Yesterday evening I helped mow the lawn, which takes us 2 1/2 hours. It was warm but windy. I also wanted to plant some annuals I had bought on Saturday but ran out of energy. Maybe tonight if the rain passes through.
There are big storms going through here right now so I better get this posted before the electricity decides to flash or go out. More later
No comments:
Post a Comment