Thursday, September 20, 2007

Women's Retreat

Last weekend I attended Women's Retreat at Camp Friedenswald, my church camp, with Denise, Mom, and my aunt Nancy. The speaker talked about having hope in the midst of grief and loss. It was good. I especially enjoyed the worship times and singing.

A sign above the main kitchen window.

Justin Weaver, Camp's executive director, leading morning devotions on Saturday.

Brad Cogdell, Outdoor Learning Director, leading a hike on Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful day to be in the Peaceful Woods.

Worship in the chapel on Saturday evening. They gave us each a scarf to use as we sang a song and we all did motions together. It wasn't quite dancing, but it was close!

My friend Penny making cinnamon rolls for Sunday brunch. YUM!!

It was cooler this weekend, but has returned to temps in the 80's again. I had a busy start to the week at work, but things slowed down today. Tuesday night I went to a Goshen College volleyball game and last night I mowed the lawn. Tonight I cooked supper, mowed more of the lawn, and now am working on the computer!

Tomorrow night is the open house of the Michiana (MI and IN) Mennonite Relief Sale. The Relief Sale is a great place to go eat good food, see lots of people you know, and support a good cause - Mennonite Central Committee. I am helping sell smoothies in my church's booth from 5-7pm and then will walk around and get my own good food. I think I will have to fast tomorrow until I get there so I will have enough room for everything.

On Saturday morning I am helping in the registration (get a bidder number) building from 6am-10am. I don't usually get up that early, but Denise and I are doing it with our friend Susie. And another friend Michelle is heading up the entire registration process so I am helping her out. The big quilt auction starts at 8:30 so we will definitely be busy during the middle of our shift.

That's all for now. I will post pictures of the Relief Sale next week sometime.


No comments: