For some reason Goshen College has classes on Labor Day, so I am here at work laboring on Labor Day. It actually is a paid holiday for me, but it is considered a "floating" holiday that I can take whenever I want. I think about 1/2 the administrators are gone today. I will probably take it later this fall after I get back from traveling a lot (for work).
This past week was pretty quiet so I don't have much to post about. On Tuesday evening Denise and I put together a new computer table we bought at Target. (now we just need a new computer - why doesn't that come with it!) On Wednesday evening I went to GC's first volleyball game of the season - they beat Grace Bible. They have another home game this Wednesday night.
Denise left on Friday mid-morning to go with the volleyball game to Chicago through Saturday evening. So I was by myself most of the weekend. I didn't have any big plans for Labor Day weekend. I stayed up late on Friday night finishing a book. Saturday I slept in, then did a few loads of laundry to hang out, then ran some errands in town - bank, farmer's market, Lowe's, The Dented Can (surplus grocery store), recycling. Then I came home and watched the Notre Dame football game on TV - they got creamed 33-3! I usually root against Notre Dame since I think they are way to high on themselves, and Saturday seemed to prove that. There has been SO MUCH hype around here in the last month about ND football that I was getting sick of it.
My friend Penny and her mom Ruth stopped by in the middle of the ND game and watched most of the second half with me. They had been to a wedding in Goshen and stopped by after that. After they left I went to the GC Men's soccer game - I got there with about 6 minutes left in the first half and stayed through the end. They lost 2-1.
Yesterday afternoon after church I got a call from one of our Amish neighbors who needed a ride a few miles up the road to a "singing." So I took my Amish friend Jane and her boyfriend (!) Ray to the singing. Jane is older than I am, so for her to have a boyfriend as an Amish at her age is pretty cool. I had told her the last time that I saw her that I wanted to find a way to meet him when he was here for Labor Day weekend, so she figured something out! (He is from Holmes County, OH) I think they will end of getting married fairly soon.
We have been having beautiful weather later. The heat of the mid-90's is over, and we have been having clear skies and temps in the upper 70's to mid-80's. The only down side is that the mosquitoes have been making an appearance. They seem to have boosted their population with all the rain we had several weeks ago.
Better get back to work. Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment