Outdoor volleyball and basketball games. It's nice to feel the energy of students on campus again. Let's see how much energy they have for their 8am classes tomorrow!
GC VOLLEYBALL
My sister Denise is helping with stats for the Goshen College volleyball team again this year. It looks like the team should have a pretty good year, there are some strong players back and some good recruits. One of the recruits is from Uganda, and I am so glad it worked for her to come to GC. When the volleyball coach said they were working on getting a player from Uganda, I suggested putting Peni (the player) in touch with my friend Kristine, who is working in Uganda with African Children's Choir. They really enjoyed getting to know each other. Kristine was a big help to Peni and helped her anticipate what life would be like in the US. Peni came to the school that Kristine is working at and taught the students how to play volleyball! Below are a few pictures of Peni playing in a volleyball scrimmage last night. I thought Kristine would enjoy these pictures - and maybe others too.
GC VOLLEYBALL
My sister Denise is helping with stats for the Goshen College volleyball team again this year. It looks like the team should have a pretty good year, there are some strong players back and some good recruits. One of the recruits is from Uganda, and I am so glad it worked for her to come to GC. When the volleyball coach said they were working on getting a player from Uganda, I suggested putting Peni (the player) in touch with my friend Kristine, who is working in Uganda with African Children's Choir. They really enjoyed getting to know each other. Kristine was a big help to Peni and helped her anticipate what life would be like in the US. Peni came to the school that Kristine is working at and taught the students how to play volleyball! Below are a few pictures of Peni playing in a volleyball scrimmage last night. I thought Kristine would enjoy these pictures - and maybe others too.



No comments:
Post a Comment