This week has been very hot and humid - highs in the mid 90's and only getting down to the mid-70's at night. We also have had a lot of rain and thunderstorms move through, it seems like every morning I wake up to another lightning storm. I read today that we have received over 8 inches of rain in the last three weeks. I don't have AC at my house so it has been hard to stay cool.
On Monday night I went to the annual neighborhood supper that is held for households that live within a mile of the intersection of CR 35 and CR 36. I live 1/2 mile south of this intersection. It is a great way to connect with the neighbors and figure out who lives where. I wanted to take my camera but decided not to since over half the people there were Amish. I probably could have taken some general pictures without a problem but I decided not to risk offending the neighbors.
On Tuesday night I came home from Wal-Mart to see an ambulance in our Amish neighbors' driveway. I walked over and was nosy like some other neighbors and found out that the teenage son had accidentally shot himself in the shoulder while hunting groundhog. He didn't want to go to the hospital but they couldn't get the bleeding stopped. I haven't heard how he is doing but I assume OK.
Mom and Dad's garden has started producing an abundance of tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumbers, so they has been sharing lots of tomatoes and zukes with me. It's nice to have fresh produce without the work of a garden! Maybe next year I will try my own small garden.
Time for bed.
2 comments:
If you've got some tasty tomatoes that need to be eaten we will have to set up a Tomato Sandwich lunch date soon! :) yummmm
I really like tomatoes, and Phebe's Mother-In-Law sends us some sometimes. Yummy!!!
Miriam
Post a Comment