Saturday, June 21, 2008

Afternoon at the Park

Last Sunday my church was having a joint service with four other Mennonite churches to celebrate the end of Bible School, but I decided to skip and go to the Warren Dunes, a state park/beach on Lake Michigan.

However, after a good breakfast with Mom, Dad, Eric, Michelle and Denise to celebrate Father's Day, some very strong storms came through the area, so Denise and I decided that instead of driving over an hour to the Dunes and then getting rained on, we would instead spend the afternoon at OxBow County Park in Elkhart. It turned into a very nice day with only a few sprinkles in late afternoon.

I read for awhile, took a nap, went for a walk, and relaxed as much as possible. The walk was on the trails at OxBow and through we had a hard time following the map and got sprinkled on, it was fun.

The view from our blanket at OxBow. Not quite Lake Michigan, but OK nonetheless.


The trails at OxBow

No comments: